Do you want to make your home feel more luxurious with simple projects? Or looking for some easy projects to help your house sell in this crazy market? There are several ways to make subtle changes to your home (that don't involve opening up a wall) that will add that touch of classic elegance. And the best part? These can be done in less than a weekend's work!
1. Start with the front door! A simple coat of paint and new hardware can be a nice pop against a simple home. Or go for a neutral color and allow for other features of your exterior to really sing on their own.
2. Speaking of other home exterior features, take a look at your shutters! Are they proportional to the size of the window? Do they need a fresh coat of paint? These are easy to update and really allow for you and anyone passing by to really stop and appreciate how stunning and well maintained your home is.
3. Don't forget to give your windows some attention from the inside too. Adding casement to your windows give extra height to the room and makes an otherwise normal looking window more of a statement piece which, in turn, adds value.
3. One thing that will never go out of style is adding moulding and trim. It is an easy way to add simple and decorative touches to all of your rooms. You can add it everywhere! Moulding can be used where the wall meets the ceiling (crown moulding) or even to finish off the tops of your cabinets (capping). You can also add trim to block off sections of your wall to add depth and texture. They will act as another statement piece to your room without it being too flashy. Subtle touches like this really SELL the space too.
4. If you haven't upgraded your fixtures from the builder's grade package when you bought your house, it's time for a trip to the store! This is another easy way to make your sink, tub, or shower something that you love even more. And the finishes come in several options so you can add that touch color you want to make your space that much more valuable by taking the time for a simple upgrade.
5. A fresh coat of paint does wonders to a room. A good trick is to stick to neutrals and let your furnishings and finishes add those layers of colors and personality. This will also allow for you to add and change a room without the commitment of a crazy wall color. And for potential buyers, this helps them visualize the space as their own and more eager to put that offer in.
6. And finally, curb appeal! A quick trip to your local plant nursery and a few hours in the yard will make your home more inviting and welcoming for you, your guests, and potential home buyers.